28 April 2009

Updates...

Wedding related:
  • Well, we're still lacking a ceremony site but that may not be the case by the end of the week. Patrick and I have meetings set up with a couple venues tomorrow so I'm crossing my fingers that something works out. If we could just get a site booked, all this planning will be so much easier.
  • I've got invitation samples coming in the mail and I have to say I'm very excited about their potential. I'm pretty decided on DIY invites so that they turn out exactly as I (read: we) want them. Patrick says he's okay with it cause he has no problem contructing things. Which is definitely what will need to happen and we'll need lots of help when it comes to that. Luckily, we've still got some time before they have to go out (I'm thinking somewhere around my birthday).
  • I'm also trying to look for shoes, a veil, a tiara, and a garter. Hopefully, I can find some that aren't too expensive!!
  • Most importantly, I've been working on getting hotel room blocks for guests who are coming from out of town for the wedding. As you probably know, I work for an area hotel and I was able to get a great deal for guests. It will be at the Hampton Inn Madison Heights featuring a great rate of $59/night plus tax! This hotel not only includes the newly renovated rooms (renovations currently taking place and they look great!!), complimentary hot breakfast each morning (delicious!), high speed wireless internet, a newly renovated fitness center with dry sauna and the addition of an outdoor pool! Anyway, I'm really excited to share part of my life with you, especially with the amazing staff we have that will make sure you get great customer service! (I'm quite the sales person, eh?). Reservations aren't quite available yet, as we still have some paperwork to sign, but more details will be on the Important Information page of our website when details have been confirmed.

House updates:

We are getting so close to a closing date on this house in West Bloomfield. We're hoping for May 15th, but we will see. It's both exciting and daunting the prospect of soon becoming a home-owner!!

Well, that's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment